Okay, picture this: You have to work at 5am and you’ve ate way way WAY to many granola bars in the last two days (hiking problems). You want a healthy but sweet desert option, or you want a healthy sweet desert option to crumble into your vanilla ice-cream (coconut of course 😉 ).
So to fix all of these scenarios, I so graciously invented the absolute best muffins there are. Bare in mind, they were suppose to be donuts, but I somehow went into Target for coconut shavings and a donut pan, and I came out with: coconut shavings, tinted moisturizer, Calcium + VD supplements, frozen mixed berries, watermelon gum, and two Mexican cokes for my Dad and Dota.
Like Seriously how does that happen? Whatever, I’m going back for the pan Wednesday. We’ll see what I get then. Alright so you’ll need everything in these pictures
(Aren’t my Grandmas green baking pans the best?)
2 c Oats
1 1/2 c Milk of choice (I used silk unsweetened almond)*
1 1/2 c Flour 1 tbls Baking POWDER
1/2 tsp Cinnamon 1/2 brown sugar **
1/2-1 banana mashed
1 tsp vanilla 1/2-1 1/2 cups frozen berries
*Almond milk and coconut milk from a can will be less “buttery”/creamy consistency. So they won’t be as fit for dessert. A thicker milk like whole cows milk, hemp milk, or boxed coconut milk will do the trick!
**Any brown sugar will work, I used golden brown sugar. The darker the sugar the richer the taste, so if you’re using dark brown sugar, you might want to reduce to 1/3 C if you don’t want them to be overly sweet.
1. Large Bowl: dry ingredients
2. Medium bowl: milk, banana, vanilla, berries.
3. Make a hole in the center of the dry ingredients and add wet ingredients.
4. Mix well, but not too well.
5. Grease pan and put the stuff in the stuff
6. Bake for 15-20 mins depending on size, check every 3-5 mins by poking with a tooth pick, knife, or fork.
7. Take out of oven and let cool for 15 minutes.
8. I didn’t, but my mom topped hers with honey after they came out of the oven so the honey melted over the muffin, creating a glaze. SO try and if ya want!